HOPE CAFE & CATERING
The mission of Hope Cafe and Catering is to provide fresh, great tasting food prepared accurately and delivered on time; in a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen environment, while providing excellent personal customer service for
Chef Tony and Ann Lancaster have a passion to a workplace environment that extends "Hope" to those who have been the outcast, the outsourced, and the overlooked. Our goal is to create an environment that reaches out and helps those in need, while encouraging clients and the community to do the same.
Ten years ago, Chef Tony Lancaster purchased Kilroy's sandwich factory, relocating to California from Arizona. Chef Tony has made this Pasadena landmark a thriving business enterprise, employing over 20 people.
In addition to membership in the both Irwindale and Pasadena Chambers of Commerce, Chef Tony is a member of Convene, an organization that engages in small business mentoring and corporate business coaching. Membership with Convene affords the opportunity to partner with The Barnabas Group, Inland Empire Chapter.
In 2017, Hope Cafe and Catering earned the coveted "Infinitely Beyond Award" from Convene. In 2018. Hope Cafe opened its second location, operating in the cafeteria of the Los Angeles Times Mirror building in downtown Los Angeles. Next month, Hope will continue in its expansion at a second downtown location at the LADWP Ferraro building.
In 2017, Hope Cafe and Catering was awarded a Certificate of Recognition from The City of Pasadena, to commemorate employing persons with disabilities.
Locally, Hope Cafe and Catering was honored by Civitan Club International, with the fine distinction of "Employer of the Year", awarded for philanthropy and innovation.
Chef Tony is unrivaled in community service among small business caterers in Southern California. He believes in "tithing from the top", meaning he donates from gross earnings, validating an urgent commitment to his faith.
Below you will find a list of the nonprofit community that has greatly benefitted from the generosity of Chef Tony and Hope Cafe & Catering:
• Door of Hope - regular donor and Board Member
• Walter Hoving Home - cash food, and clothing donations. Hope Cafe also hires house members when there are large-scale catering events.
• Compassion - support for overseas foster children and orphans
• Free Wheelchair Missions - in-kind and year-long cash donations
• Fellowship Monrovia - in-kind donations and year-long cash donations, in addition to school tithing partner (teacher funding)
• WOW Jam - cash and food donations (partnership)
• Write Girls (teenage creative writing organization) - food donations for special events
• Pasadena Unified School District - numerous invoice discounts for catering orders
• Christ Church of the Valley and Lake Avenue Church- client invoice discounts
• Ability First - client invoice discounts.
• Hope International - in-kind and year-long cash donations
• Hundreds of non-profit in-kind discounts
In a cash-reliant industry, Chef Tony has a unique philosophy. He gives until it hurts, and then gives more. This has been the impetus for his desire to reach out. So many persons helped him in the infancy of his business development. Chef Tony has no hesitation in "paying it forward". For many
organizations of Los Angeles and San Gabriel areas, Hope Cafe is a Hero among Heroes.
Hardly a month goes by when the Irwindale Chamber doesn't see Chef Tony or receive great benefit from his presence. As a four-year member and three-year Cornerstone Member, Hope Cafe and Catering has made an immediate impression. In 2018, Hope Cafe was the food sponsor with the Irwindale Young Citizen of the Year Awards which featured hearty debates and judging. During this holiday season of 2018, Chef will be supplying discounted meals for both Thanksgiving and Christmas at the Irwindale Senior Center.
Hope Cafe recently donated 250 desserts for the First Responders' Breakfast
at Miller Coors Brewery. Chef Tony is a regular attendee at Chamber meetings and events. He always seems just a phone call away from President Marlene or Veronica and is always willing to offer his time or talent.